If you feel there is a code violation in your neighborhood, please take the time to fill out this brief form. Our code officers will review your complaint and take the necessary action to deal with your concern. Your name and address are not required, however, if our code officers need additional information your name, address, and phone number will help. Your personal information will be kept confidential.
This form is one way for the residents of Sunbury to help keep Sunbury beautiful.
Complete the form below, then click on Continue; review your entries and click on Submit
Cells with the * next to them are required.
City Code Highlights
The Sunbury Code Administration Office follows the 2000 International Property Maintenance Code. The 2003 International Residential Building Code and the International Building Code.
Some Property Maintenance Requirements are as Follows:
(1) Sanitation: All Exterior property and permises shall be kept free from accumulations of rubbish and garbage and shall be maintained clean and safe.
(2) Weeds: All premises shall be maintained free from weed and plant growth in excess of 10 inches.
(3) Disposal of Rubbish: Every Occupant shall dispose of rubbish in an approved covered container.
(4) Disposal of Garbage: Every Occupant shall dispose of Garbage in an approved container.
(5) Smoke Alarms: Every Home is required to have a working smoke detector. The Owner of the property is responsible to provied the alarm, YOU as the tenant are to make sure the batteries are working.
(6) Heat: All Dwelling units are required to have heat from September 15 to April 15: All Habitable rooms including Bathrooms and Toilet rooms must have at least 65 degrees of heat.
(7) Sidewalk Maintenance: All sidewalks shall be maintained free from hazardous conditions and kept in good repair.
(8) Occupancy Limits: Every bedroom occupied by one person shall contain at least 70 square feet of floor area. Every bedroom occupied by more than one person shall contain at least 50 square feet of floor area.
Sunbury Code Book Online
Use the link below to visit the complete listing of ordinances for the City of Sunbury, commonly referred to as the Code of the City of Sunbury, or often as "The Code". These ordinances are the laws, regulations and rules that are referenced and enforced for all residents, businesses and visitors to the City of Sunbury.
Codes Administration Office
225 Market Street
Sunbury, PA 17801
Open Monday - Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm
The Code Administration Office handles inspections of rental property and a new business, new homes, building, and construction inspections, electrical inspections, all zoning ordinances, and property maintenance in the City of Sunbury.
City Code Administration
Code Office Clerk Robyn Garinger
Code Office Secretary Linda Danley
Code / Zoning Officer Mike Rhoads