The Hunter Museum
150 North Front Street
Sunbury, PA 17801
Ph: (570) 286-4083
The museum at the Hunter House features exhibits of archaeological material recovered on the site during the digs in 1937-1938, 1978-1979, and 1981. There are many items recovered from the Moravian Blacksmith shop of 1743, as well as Indian artifacts.
Fort Augusta became the property of its last commander, Colonel Hunter, and his descendants lived ther until 1848 when the log home burned.
The present Hunter House was built by Captain Samuel Hunter, a grandson of Colonel Sam Hunter. The home at 1150 North Front Street in Sunbury is now home to the Northumberland County Historical Society and houses a museum with an excellent historical and genealogical library.
... to visit the Northumberland County Historical Society web site.