In July of 1883, the City Hotel became the first building ever to be wired for electricity. Thomas Edison wired the hotel using his three wire system. The hotel was renamed "The Edison Hotel" in his honor. The same day Edison wired the Railroad Station on Second Street. Sunbury had become an important railroad center and by 1910 the population was 13,770.
The Edison Hotel
The Old City Hotel