We are now in the recovery phase of the snow emergency event.
Overnight last night combined DPW/SMA snow removal crews cleared the following:
- Fairmount Ave from Market to Reagan
- Catawissa Ave – all of it
- 5th Street between Market and Chestnut
- All of 4th St from south end at SMA to Turkey Hill on N 4th
- 2nd St between Chestnut and Arch
- DPW subcontracted 2 triaxles to move the large volume
- No snow removal tonight – crews are exhausted, equipment needs maintenance; flipping to day operations on Monday
- SMA personnel return to SMA duties.
- Monday – maintenance of equipment; garbage pickup; will put down salt and push snow as able.
- Tuesday – plan to remove snow the rest of 2nd & Wolverton
- Wednesday – plan to remove snow on Susquehanna Ave